Tuesday, January 27, 2015

DIY Planner: 3rd Week of January

I didn't feel much like drawing this week, so stuck with simple shapes and patterns.  On Sunday I broke out the acrylics and gesso and tried that.  Acrylics are not transparent like watercolors, so I don't know how often I'll use them.


I made glitter glue for the first time, just added green glitter to my quick dry glue and painted it on Tuesday's waves:


My two favorite days are the conch shell (used a stencil) and the red star with the blue background on Friday.


 I experimented with making glitter glue (successful!) and glitter paint (unsuccessful) and glitter matte medium (somewhat successful).  You can see my results here, the blue is glitter glue, the white is green glitter mixed with white paint (outline of March and April) and the glitter matte medium hardly shows on the months on the right (March, April):


I've since painted the outline of March and April in light green glitter paint I bought at Wal-Mart during a previous outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment