Sunday, April 3, 2016

3 little girls



3 little girls


2 little girls
will play together nicely,
share dolls
and toys.

3 little girls,
will divide,
split into factions,
2 against 1,
forming a coven
of evil intent
with the 3rd gossiped about, barely tolerated
or persecuted.

3 little girls
won't play nice.
Competition rears its ugly head,
for the best grades, boyfriend, clothes.

So, it's not like
I don't want another friend.
It's just that I keep them all separate now.
They don't play well together,
they don't even like each other.

I know you want to be part of my circle,
            so I can do favors for you,
            be your best buddy,
            tap my foot while you're coloring your hair
            when we were going to go to the mall and shop
and have fun.

It's not like I don't want another friend.

It's exactly like that.


April 3, 2016

prompt:  three (blank)

No comments:

Post a Comment