Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fabric-covered Box (in process)

Challenge #7 (Use a new technique, subject or genre.)

My friend, Michelle, talked me into covering a box with fabric using glue.  She used Elmer's on hers.  I started with spray glue, but changed to Mod Podge (gloss) once I realized the point was to have a shiny fabric box.  I can't say I think this is a good use of fabric or Mod Podge, but it is something new!

We cut a foam chair cushion in two and are padding the bottom of the boxes, also covered with fabric.  When the inside is done, we will start decorating it with ribbon and glue a mirror on the inside lid.  Or at least that's the plan!  OK, shoot me.  This is a silly project, but maybe it will turn out alright.  Here are some in process shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment