Saturday, April 19, 2014

Letter #50

Hi Dad,


I've got angst in my pants.  That's a joke, an old one.  No, seriously, I've been doing some computer research.  I found what I was looking for, finally.  I feel much better.  You know all that, maybe?  We always get into these spiritual questions and quandaries, or I do.  I feel more comfortable with not knowing.  I love mysteries...

Here is a picture of the Super Bowl Chili I made.  It was delicious, but could have used some more heat.


This is the last recipe of 18 that I made, literally 10% of the recipes in this cookbook:


I decided that it's a pretty good cookbook, only one recipe was a total loss, the rest I liked or loved and so did my family.  Not like I'm going to go review it on Amazon or anything.  It only took me about 2 and 1/2 years to work my way through those 18 recipes.  I love it when I reach a goal.  Yay!

So, anyway, I still don't feel very good.  The painkillers I took for my jaw are a central nervous system depressant I found out today.  No wonder I've been down.  I'm off those for the time being.  My jaw is feeling better anyway.  I hope the pain totally goes away, but that may be too much to ask. 

J. hasn't called me but once.  I hope she is having fun in California.  B. hasn't called me back.  Not a good sign.  K. hasn't called or emailed.  I hope she is OK too.  I'm feeling isolated and lonely.  I have a new internet friend, another "Artist", so that's good.  We email each other.  She's a real artist.  I'm more of a dilettante when it comes to the visual arts.  Jack of all trades, master of none. 

Hmmm.....

This is part of my spiritual practice, writing to you.  Along with lighting a candle and saying a prayer.  Since I don't go to church these things are important to me.  Understand? 

Sleep well...

LOVE

Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment