Saturday, March 1, 2014

Letter #33

Hey Dad,


I've decided to not write so much about family and friends unless something major happens.  It bores me even if it doesn't bore you.  :)  That includes stuff in my life too that's just everyday crap-o-la.  Besides I'm too other-centered as it is.  I guess they can worry about their own problems, they don't need me to do that too.

Of course, that leaves me with not a lot to write about except Crafty Stuff.  You'll have to put up with me.  I'm listening to the Eurythmics on the stereo.  I didn't do much creative today although I read in a book called, "The Creativity Cure."  I decided to do Flylady again.  The loft is a disaster.

Here's a photo of mine I cropped:


There's this premise in self-help books that the reader is in trouble, needs help or is flawed in some way.  I don't buy into this premise.  Then again, I like self-help books because I'm on a self-improvement, improve my life kick.  And have been for years.  This is a vast improvement over my former self-destructive ways.

from "Beautiful You":

Day 4-Consider how body image has impacted your life

The author, Rosie Molinary, asks a bunch of questions, which I'm not gonna type out here.

My response:  My poor body image has definitely slowed me down.  On the other hand, society's response and treatment of people who are overweight has been a contributing factor to any feelings of low self-worth I might have. We don't exist in a vacuum.  If I got a negative response from a friend, family member or stranger about my weight or looks, then that's something I've internalized.  I don't think we would have body image problems if our culture wasn't so screwed up.  The personal is political.  An old slogan from the 70s.  Don't make this my problem when it's everyone's problem.  That's all I gotta say.

So, Dad, you saw me gaining all that weight on Lithium, and you didn't step in or make sure I took a different pill with less side-effects.  All I can think is that you were happy I was stable.  Let's leave it at that.

All for tonight.

Sleep well...

LOVE

Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment