Thursday, March 13, 2014

Letter #40

Hi Dad,


I'm stressed out tonight.  Things might go very well, they might go badly.  Isn't that the way of it?  With a lot of help from a writing friend I'm putting together a book of my poetry.  The thing is, we don't have a lot of time.  She has a full-time job, so will probably work on it this weekend. A lot of things have been buzzing through my head.  You know how I like an empty head.  So this is not good.

I reached out and offered my help to one of the event coordinators.  Haven't heard back from her yet.  I keep emailing my writing friend, M., which is probably counterproductive.  I'm reading my poetry (in front of people) in early April.  I know, I know, a crazy thing to do.  I'll have to practice.  I know, I'll read to the cat!  I suppose if she yowls and hides under the bed, it's not a good sign.  :)


Here's an endpage I did.  I'm not doing Art Journaling anymore, but I wanted to share.

I've got last week's and this week's poem to write.  Not happening quite yet.  I don't even know what this week's prompt is.  April is National Poetry Month.  It's also the poem-a-day challenge month, the one in the spring.  I'm gonna give it a go, but I think it will be a tough month for it. 

Haven't been doing much creative-wise.  I've been working on a baby blanket every morning for a week, for 15 minutes to 1/2 an hour at a time.  It's slow going.

I'm wondering if any of these new people are going to be in my Ka-Tet.  That's the important people in your life.  The names and number of people changes every so often.  I wonder...? 

This is grounding for me, writing to you.  It's nice you are part of my orbit again or I am part of yours.  Even if it's just in cyberspace.

Sleep well...

LOVE

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment