Sunday, March 9, 2014

Letter #38

Dear Dad,


I've been wrestling with myself all evening.  One side of me wants to buy some new fabric, the other side of me is saying, rather loudly, "You need the money for other things."

I wonder which side will win.  I haven't sewed for a long time.  Back in January was the last time I sewed.  I get excited for sewing projects by buying fabric, don't ya know?  You probably knew that already.  I have fabric already.  So I don't exactly need to buy fabric.

Another bit of crafty news.  I'm not going to do Art Journaling anymore.  I figure if I want to make something I'll make a stand-alone piece.  I'm thinking mixed media pieces.  That means paint, stickers, stencils, paper, etc. all in the same project.

I've been doing quilling.  Here are my first 2 projects:


I started a third project, but only have the framework up.  This took some construction!


This star is from a simple Urban Threads pattern.  I'm using black and dark grey quilling paper to do the star framework.  I'm thinking orange and purple papers to fill.  Not sure yet.  I could change my mind.

Things are going OK around here.  That job didn't work out for Mom.  He didn't have the money to pay her.  So, no dice.  Betty kitty is in Chris' room.  Not much is going on.  I've been preparing (mentally) for the poetry reading coming up in April.  I didn't feel like doing it at all, but now I'm kind of getting interested in it.  Not quite excited about it yet.  Eventually...

That's all for tonight.  Miss you!

Sleep well...

LOVE

Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment