Monday, March 24, 2014

Letter #44

Hi Dad,


The oven is broken.  The bottom element is not working.  That's all the news for today.  Hee hee!  I figure we can make dinner on top of the stove (burners still work) or in the micro.  It's a major disaster for the other 2 cooks in the house.  Fixed signs.

Here's another morning sky picture:


The sun is lighting up the clouds to the East there.

It's been sunny for a couple days but I guess it's supposed to rain all week.  I hope not.

from "Beautiful You" by Rosie Molinary:

Day 11-Realize that you are not your body

"Our bodies are not who we are.  We all know what we are is a compilation of our heart, our soul and our mind.  Our bodies carry our truth around they are the lenses through which we experience the world, but they are not us.  Our true selves are rooted within our bodies."

My response:  I gotta disagree with this one.  I have to own the whole package or be owned by it.  That includes my body, my stretch marks, my soul, my heart, my scars--both physical and mental, my history, even my future.  This is a call to disassociate that I can't agree with.  We need to be more inside our bodies.  We need to listen to what they tell us and listen to our intuition and instincts.  We need to take care of our bodies, not like tending a garden, but like loving a child.  I do better when I'm grounded in my body, listening to its messages, and aware of my breathing.

What I think the author is trying to do is to get women to stop identifying with their bodies in a negative way.  I just think she's going about it in the wrong way.

C. and J. came by today.  They only stayed for a little while.  It was so nice to see them!  And C. brought me some pretty necklaces.  Mom got a few too.  Nice!

That's all for now.

Sleep well...

LOVE

Anne





No comments:

Post a Comment