Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Letter #36

Hi Dad,

I'm thinking of getting my hair cut.  I know I should let K. do it, but I don't want to wait much longer.  Maybe I'll go down to the barber's tomorrow and get 'er done.  Not like my hair is short or anything.  He just does a good job.  Cut my bangs too short the last time.  He does listen though.  I didn't specify how long they should be.  I will this time.  No higher than my eyebrows!

My neighborhood illustrated:


There's a lot going on around here.  Mom starts a new job tomorrow.  I hope it works out for her.  I made dinner tonight, roast chicken breast, green beans, cranberry sauce and stuffing.  Turned out pretty good.

from "Beautiful You" by Rosie Molinary

Day 7-Name your inner critic

Her name is Elizabeth and she is a Bi***!  (this is a family blog after all)

The whole point of the exercise is to talk back to your inner critic.

Like... "Elizabeth, get off my case.  I can't be nice to everyone all the time."
She was criticizing me for allowing the barber to cut my hair and not K.  Of course, Elizabeth is an aspect of me.  I have a very healthy Inner Critic.

OK, Dad, do you think Mom is finally tired of being a mom?  That would explain a few things.  Maybe you can give me some insight into her behavior lately.  Hmmm...  Keeping mum...?

Good.  I didn't expect or want a reply.

Sleep well...

LOVE

Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment